Promoting Construction Sustainability with Structural BIM Services
We are all familiar with the list of environmental problems affecting modern society. Surprisingly, those problems are also created by modern society. Climate change, deforestation, rise of natural calamities, pollution, and the list of environmental problems can go on. However, in modern times, our major concern is focused on climate change, which continues to affect our planet in various ways. For comfort and luxury, humans have constantly taken advantage of the environment and caused damage in multiple ways, for which today, we, as a modern society, are confronting many issues.
As a matter of fact, there is an urgent need for action, considering the extreme rise in temperature, the occurrence of natural calamities, water scarcity, climate changes, and more. According to reports, the AEC industry contributes 37% of global carbon emissions.
In the global event, the COP26 summit, where world leaders gathered together to discuss innovative ideas on how to control carbon emissions, limit global warming, and reduce the use of non-renewable resources by 2030. Therefore, the need for change is a must, and the AEC industry contributes by constructing greener buildings and promoting sustainability in the construction industry.
In the seriousness of promoting sustainable solutions towards the environment, the AEC industry is undergoing a revolution for making sustainable infrastructures. On the other hand, the AEC industry is already full of complexity, and indulging with energy-efficient design and reducing carbon materials is challenging. Although accepting the critical challenge, the AEC sector is on the verge of taking the construction industry to the next level: sustainable building and life towards a greener future.
Innovation takes place frequently in the sector where technology has reshaped the industry. With introduction to building information modeling and its related services has taken the construction sector to new heights. As a matter of fact, in today’s current environmental situation, sustainable development is one of the innovative BIM trends for the future of the AEC sector. However, with the latest trend incorporated with BIM, structural BIM services play a pivotal role in promoting green building designs. Although to get a clear clarity, let’s understand what sustainable building is and how structural BIM impacts the future towards greener projects.
What is Structural BIM Services – An Introduction?
The AEC sector has witnessed a revolution in the industry since the inception of BIM services. With that, the complex process of construction has been simplified for AEC professionals as it serves as a digital representation of the infrastructure in the 3D model. It involves data such as cost, materials, schedules, and more. On the other hand, structural BIM ensures that the building can bear the intended load, considering all the environmental conditions and keeping the building safe and sound. In simple terms, structural BIM services ensure that all the structural elements of the infrastructure fit together for a more robust and longer building life.
As a matter of matter, BIM structural modeling services involve the accurate creation and coordinated management of elements that incorporate beams, columns, foundations, elements that provide stability, and much more. It is more than just an accurate geometry; it is critical information about the quality of materials, dimensions of each corner of the building, and more structural elements that encompass the construction. Implementing structural BIM can alter the landscape of the AEC sector by strengthening collaboration and enhancing design practice, efficiency, sustainability, and accuracy in the construction process.
Moreover, structural 3D BIM modeling services not only ensure the bearing capacity of the building but also provide a long list of benefits to architects, engineers, and other collaborators and the construction process. Some of the key benefits of structural BIM services are;
- Enhance collaboration and communication between AEC professionals
- Accuracy in design and analysis
- Collaborative Project Management
- Provides Real-Time Analysis
- Data Alliance
- Improvised Coordination
- Enhanced Visualization for AEC professionals
- Streamlined Workflow of the Process
- Sustainable Integration
- Cost Effective and Time Saving
Structural BIM services require experts and professional expertise to carry out the task accurately; hence, outsource structural BIM is the most appropriate option. UniquesCADD provides extensive BIM structural modeling services, cutting-edge technology, and a team of professionals.
What is Sustainable Building?
Sustainable building design is the practice of designing infrastructures that encompass environmentally friendly resources and ensure that the building construction is efficient throughout the structure’s life cycle, from design, construction maintenance, and renovation to operations and deconstruction. This practice of sustainable design ensures the entire construction process reduces the overall environmental impact and promotes greener living in the future.
According to the latest trends, metropolitan cities are building skylines with inbuilt trees and plants encompassing the entire construction, promoting saving the environment and reducing carbon emissions via the AEC industry. In recent years, when climate change and global warming issues started to arise, sustainable building practices were also initiated as an innovative idea. However, it continues evolving with emerging technology trends, making the construction process more accessible. There are several ways to initiate sustainable building practice, some of them are as follows;
- Energy Efficient Practice
- Use of Renewable Energy
- Incorporating Water Saving Fixtures
- Use of Sustainable Materials
- Implementation of Greener roofs
How Structural BIM Services Impacts on Sustainable Design
The AEC sector is a constantly evolving industry with emerging trends and technologies that simplify the construction process. With the inception of building information modeling, it has become the cornerstone of every construction process globally. Additionally, structural BIM services have also influenced the AEC industry in getting the construction elements aligned, withstand accuracy and efficiency, and promote sustainable building for a greener future. However, structural BIM not only provides an intended load on the building capacity but also impacts modern construction practices via various aspects as follows;
- Definitive Planning: The planning stage is considered the most crucial in the construction process. However, with the help of structural BIM services, architects, engineers, and other professionals can examine the environmental impact via 3D modeling. This practice ensures that the energy-efficient, eco-friendly materials and reduced material wastage are less in the design stage, enhancing accuracy before the actual groundwork begins.
- Energy Performance Analysis: Architects and engineers can practice sustainable design concepts with the help of structural BIM 3D modeling services. However, the concepts of sustainability and energy efficiency go hand in hand. AEC professionals can simulate energy consumption of the infrastructure by optimum utilization of natural lightning.
- Green Building Certification: The construction project aims for green building certification that includes LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design). BIM structural modeling services ease the certification process with necessary details of material used, sustainable practices, and much more. Such certification enhances the value of the project.
- Alleviate Risk for Sustainable Practices: To ensure that the sustainable practice is implemented precisely, structural BIM incorporation in the construction practice can strategize and analyze the potential risks such as delay in timeline, increased budget, error, sustainable elements, and more are consolidated with sustainable design.
The impact of sustainable design in the construction process improves the environmental condition. Leveraging structural BIM services with sustainable building design ensures that the infrastructure construction process produces less environmental footprint, creates better and enhanced building functionality, reduces the risk, and improves the energy efficiency of the building while ensuring that the infrastructure can bear the load of environmental factor such natural calamities, and have a maximum life cycle of the building.
- Role of MEP BIM in Clash Detection and Resolution - February 22, 2024
- A Comprehensive Guide to Outsource BIM Services - February 19, 2024
- Promoting Construction Sustainability with Structural BIM Services - February 13, 2024